Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Summer tidings

It seems that finally autumn has arrived and summer is just a warm memory for the next seven to eight months... sigh. I really should be going to sleep by now, but I thought that I'd drop by first to post some Instagram photos ranging from May to September, to reminisce the past, wonderfully warm and sunny summer and welcome the darker seasons again.


In May we celebrated the anniversary of our engagement. That chocolate cake was pretty good and we ate it at our favorite café called Bisketti. :)


In August for some reason I got inspired and did my nails! I'm usually super lazy with them and just paint them plain black most of the time but this was a nice exception for that. :)


August was really productive month for me, well, except work-wise (or maybe because of that, hahaha!) and I even had time to pluck berries at our summer cottage.


In August there was also the Night of the Arts and I was there also, this time illustrating post cards and fridge magnets with guys from Oulu Comic Club. That triskele skull I made for Mr. Wolf. :3



I guess Mr. Wolf must have loved this little gift, since soon after he took me to dinner at Harald! It is a viking themed restaurant and really good at least here in Oulu! I had salmon, vegetaables, this pancake thing and cider, nom nom nom!



We have also traveled a bit, with Béla of course. He seemed a bit bored at our in-laws, poor thing. :D Should have brought his toys with us I guess... :3



This same weekend we were spending time at our summer cottage, celebrating the season ending. I simply love being there, I wish I could stay there longer and more often.



The ending of summer season also means a bonfire. It is so beautiful when all people there at their own cottages light bonfires and candles and it all reflects to the pitch black sea... love it.


 Just a little while ago we went to movies! I love eating Ben & Jerry's at the movies with that adorable shovel... haha! We watched RED 2 and actually I liked it really much! Over the top, but just the right way!


Finally, last Saturday I spent a couple of hours at Fantasiapelit Oulu, selling vanity press edition comics, made be me and bunch of other cool people. We sell them there every third Thursday of the month, if somebody's interested in coming. :) There was also some sort of Magic the Gathering tournament at the same time, which seemed quite fun, so if I dare I think I'll take part in that at some point also!

So, my summer in a nutshell, or at least some highlights. How was your summer, dear readers and are you looking forward to autumn and winter? Personallu summer is my favorite season, but I also love the darkness and falling leaves of autumn, perfect season for drinking red wine and do something creative (indoors). ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment