Sunday, November 6, 2011

'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you

My grandmother passed away about two and a half weeks ago and today we held her funeral. It was a beautiful ceremony and there were lots of people saying their goodbyes to her. I miss her and I've cried a lot today but really the grieving process has been going on a while now, since it was cancer that took her and we have all stood by her side as the end was nearing, especially my grandfather. I thought I'd like to write something about her and my grandfather too. They have been together over fifty years, fifty-eight if I remember correctly and they were and are sort of role models for me when it comes to love. I saw their relationship a happy and playful one. They rarely argued and almost never in public. They seemed to have a very romantic, loving and caring relationship till the end, my grandfather took care of her the last two whole days she was dying in hospital, talking to her, caressing her hair and trying to make her feel as comfortable as possible. And he was with her when she finally went. In her lifetime she has taught me many things but the most important lesson I learned by her example about love. What true love does look like. How it can be made strong enough to conquer any hardship. How to cherish it. And how it never diminishes no matter how much you give it away and on the contrary how it only seems to grow by sharing. Written like that it sounds quite flat, but I have seen it with my very own eyes and it is something I will always remember, especially when it comes to me and Wolf. Wolf was carrying her coffin by the way, with my father, uncle and my three cousins. And he did very fine job with it. Thank you, love. <3 I thought it would also be nice to share a couple of photos of my grandmother. I think she is seventeen in the first picture and about twenty-five in the second. :)

Mummuni kuoli noin kaksi ja puoli viikkoa sitten ja tänään hänelle pidettiin hautajaiset. Tilaisuus oli kaunis ja paikalla oli paljon hyvästelijöitä. Minulla on ikävä häntä ja olen itkenyt paljon tänään, mutta oikeastaan surutyö on ollut käynnissä jo jonkin aikaa, koska syöpä vei hänet ja me kaikki oltiin mukana tukemassa häntä viimeisellä taipaleella, varsinkin pappa. Halusin kirjoittaa tänne mummusta ja papasta jotain. He ovat olleet yhdessä jo yli viisikymmentä vuotta, muistaakseni viisikymmentäkahdeksan ja mitä rakkauteen tulee he ovat sen suhteen minulle jonkinlaisia roolimalleja. Heidän suhteensa näytti minusta onnelliselta ja leikkisältä. He riitelivät todella harvoin eivätkä oikeastaan koskaan julkisesti. Mielestäni heillä oli hyvin romanttinen, rakastava ja huolehtiva suhde loppuun saakka, pappa piti huolta mummusta kaksi vimeistä päivää kun mummu oli kuolemassa sairaalassa, juttelemassa hänelle, silittämässä hiuksia ja helpottamassa mummun oloa kaikin mahdollisin tavoin. Pappa oli vierellä myös lähdön hetkellä. Elämänsä aikana mummu opetti minulle monia asioita mutta tärkeimmän opin hänen esimerkkinsä kautta ja se on rakastamisen taito. Näin miltä tosirakkaus näyttää. Miten siitä tehdään niin vahva, että se kestää mitkä tahansa vaikeudet. Miten sitä vaalitaan. Ja sen miten se ei jakamalla vähene, päin vastoin. Noin kirjoitettuna kuulostaa aika lattealta, mutta olen nähnyt se omin silmin ja muistan sen aina, etenkin kun on kyse Susihukan ja minun suhteesta. Susihukka oli muuten kantamassa mummun arkkua isäni, enoni ja kolmen serkkuni kanssa ja hän teki hyvää työtä. Kiitos, rakkaani. <3 Ajattelin että näin lopuksi olisi kiva laittaa tänne pari kuvaa mummusta. Ensimmäisessa kuvassa mummu on kai seitsemäntoista ja toisessa kahdenkymmenenviiden paikkeilla. :)


Good bye granny, I miss you and thank you for everything. <3

Hyvästi mummu, ikävä sinua ja kiitos kaikesta. <3

1 comment: