Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bat cave home decor.

Hello and sorry about the rather long period of silence. I've been very busy with school projects and hosting some relatives during weekends. Wolf became uncle recently, but his poor little niece was born badly premature and will be hospitalised until summer. So Wolf's brother and his girlfriend will spend weekends here with us to visit their newborn daughter (so they don't have to drive nearly 300km every day to see her). Anyway, been busy, forgive me. :D

But now, back to the title. ;) We have been decorating our little bat cave a bit and I thought it could be fun to show you. :)



Ta dah! We made a semi baldachin for our bed! Now I feel like a (rather twisted) little princess! We drilled three hooks on the ceiling (one for each corner) and then used chain as curtain rod. The curtains I already had, the chain costed around 15e and the hooks and a bunch of other home renovation stuff cost aroud 5e. So the whole thing was fairly cheap and easy. :)

Another cool thing we got for our home was this. Our neighbour moved out and left this beauty behind. So yay, more room for jackets! I want to hold a party soon just to test drive this. :D


And finally, I did some shopping. I got new candleholders (can't remember what they cost, 1 or 2 euros all together I suspect) from fleamarket. And then a real treasure! A new slave mug! I collect these things. I have two white mugs that say: "ORJA" and "THE SLAVE" and now I found a black "THE SLAVE" mug too from the flea market, only 1e. :3 And finally I bought new drinking glasses from Halpa Halli, a package of three was 3,90e and I bought two... rather expensive for me, but I've been lusting for those for over a year. :D


 


By the way, I have once again reached my goal weight. But I have to say I've grown tired of this gaining/losing weight issue. I think I just want to stop staring at the scale and start listening to my body more. I am not sure if I can do it. I've been on a diet for over two years now and it has become kind of a habit. To count calories and not allowing treats for yourself and so on. But I will try. I've been baking like crazy for our guests and for Wolf and myself too so I'll share a couple of more pictures with you.



The first one is a picture of a mudcake I baked for Wolf's brothers birthday. Not very pretty, but simple and yummy. :) The second picture is our breakfast yesterday. Full grain bread rolls, bacon, fried eggs, ham, processed cheese, cucumber and tomato. All this and coffee served with Fringe season one. I have absolutely fallen in love with that series. :D But now I'll go have a shower and start preparing food for the hungry Wolf (self made hamburgers and oven baked apples and oat with vanilla sauce as dessert). Have a great Sunday all you readers. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment